Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Long-stitch Hardback



My personal variation of the long-stitch. Using Mat board created a sturdy cover and spine allowing the stitch to be tighter and in general holds the book together much more successfully. Many students in my class struggles with not having a heavy enough weight of paper...and you cannot use rice paper on the original construction. My invention allows me to continue to play with color combos and not have to deal with ripping paper and ruining hours of work!

Materials Used: Mat board, textured paper, assorted rice paper, card stock, linen thread, pva glue

2 comments:

Larry J. said...

I like the design on this book. I can see why your mom is so proud of your work.

Becky said...

Thank-you! This is actually my own version of the long-stich. Its original blueprints call for a paper back book...but using mat board for the covers and the spine allow for a more sturdy structure, and it allows me to play with paper combinations more :D